Mexem Ltd. (“the Company”) is an Investment Firm incorporated and registered under the laws of the Republic of Cyprus, with registration number HE 351726. The Company is authorized and regulated in Cyprus by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (hereinafter referred to as “CySec”) and subject to CySec rules, with CIF license number 325/17. The Company does its utmost to ensure the privacy, confidentiality and security of its clients are preserved both throughout their interaction with the company and afterward, to the fullest extent achievable by the Company.
The Company provides intermediary services for Interactive Brokers. As per the Company’s terms and conditions, Interactive Brokers is a company duly incorporated under the laws of SEC with registration number 47257 and registered office One Pickwick Plaza, Greenwich, CT 06830 USA. Interactive Brokers is licensed by SEC with license number 47257. The services are offered through the websites of Mexem (hereinafter referred to as “The Website”).
With aim to properly maintain effective and transparent procedures for the prompt handling of complaints or grievances received from Retail Clients or potential Retail Clients, the Company has implemented next procedure. Client wishing to submit a complaint/ grievance may do so by following the below instructions:
1. The Client has the possibility to fill the respective “Client’s Complaints Form” which he/she can find in the following link or the support section in Mexem Websites.
“Client’s Complaints Form” consists from next fields: the identity of the Client who filed the complaint or grievance* the identity of the employee that undertook to provide the service to the Client* the department to which the relevant employee relates to* the date of receipt of the complaint or grievance* the details of the complaint or grievance – full description* the extent in financial terms of the potential loss that the Client claims has suffered* the date and in summary, the content of the reply of the Company to the said complaint or grievance.
2. Send the competed Form to Administration/Back Office Department by email: Complaints@mexem.com , along with a copy of any additional documentation that would be relevant to the complaint.
3. Upon receipt of a Client Complaint Form, the Company will send an initial response letter to the complainant within a reasonable time, and generally within five (5) business days after receiving the complaint.
4. The Company investigates the complaint/grievance within a reasonable period of time, within two (2) months in accordance with actual legislation, and communicates the result and/or final decision to the Client in writing.
5. In highly unlikely cases, when the investigation is not completed within reasonable time, within two (2) months, the client is informed about the progress of the investig
6. If the Client is dissatisfied with Company’s final response, either he/she can ask the Company to reconsider or the Client can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Referral of unresolved complaint to the Financial Ombudsman
If you are an individual, or a legal entity, trust or charitable entity that can be categorized as a consumer under the legislation governing the creation and operation of an Alternative Dispute Resolution framework in Cyprus (Financial Ombudsman), you are entitled to escalate a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman if the solution or action taken / provided by the Company is not to your satisfaction.
A complaint to the Financial Ombudsman should be filed within 3 months from the receipt of the response from the Company if you are not satisfied with the resolution or if the Company does not respond at all.
The Financial Ombudsman can be contacted as follows: Address: 13 Lord Byron Avenue, 1096 NICOSIA Phone: 22848900 (main number) Facsimile (Fax): 22660584, 22660118 E-mail Complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org Financial Ombudsman: email@example.com
Referral of unresolved complaint to the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission
We are authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), who has set out specific rules for the handling of complaints. Our procedure is compliant with the CySEC rules but if you wish to obtain further information you can contact the CySEC as follows: http://www.cysec.gov.cy/en-GB/complaints/cifs/